We’ve closed down the Triptease Live Chat product and have partnered with the industry-leading chatbot and communication platform for hotels, HiJiffy
You can find out all about our partnership and the wide range of improved features and functionality that HiJiffy provides here. If you are already using HiJiffy as part of your Triptease package and have a question, visit the HiJiffy help center here.
Not using HiJiffy Chat yet? Request a demo here.
Chat gives you a great opportunity to showcase your personalized service online before a guest has even arrived at your hotel. What makes Chat special is that it’s built specifically for hoteliers, with every feature designed to make driving direct bookings and building guest relationships faster and simpler. Here are a few tricks and tips you can use to ensure that Chat is as welcoming and effective as possible from the very first message.
- Edit your welcome message! Chat is all about showcasing your hotel and the incredible service that your staff provide. Let customers get to know your individual personality from the very first moment by personalizing your welcome message. You can do that in the Chat area of the Settings section, accessed through the left sidebar. Read our FAQ for instructions on how to edit your welcome message.
- Invite guests to chat with you. You’d be surprised how many welcome messages don’t actually prompt customers to start a conversation - and if you don’t do that some guests might not realize that you are available to speak to them. Something along the lines of ‘Have a question? Click below to reply to this message - we’re here to help!’ lets people know that they can use the Chat function to speak directly to hotel staff.
- Link directly to your booking engine. Every element of Chat is designed to move guests along their journey towards booking. You can help that process by linking straight to your booking engine from Chat. A simple sentence like ‘You can check out our latest availability here’ with a link to your booking engine could help some guests to take that first step to book…
- Use the rich text editor to highlight words like ‘Welcome’, the link to your booking engine or any other text you’d particularly like customers to notice.
- Promote special offers. If a customer is engaging with you via Chat, they’re clearly quite interested in booking a room at your hotel. If you have a special offer that they might not have noticed, now is your time to let them know!
- Upload avatar images for all your Chat Agents. Put a face to a name for all your staff. Again, this helps to make your website feel truly unique, human and personal.