If you’re having issues getting SMS notifications sent to your phone, try the following steps to get them up and running.
- Sign into the Agent Portal and click on a conversation. If you currently have no conversations then start a new one via your hotel website and assign it to yourself.
- Reply to the message you have just sent yourself by typing /notify-me into the reply field in the Agent Portal. This will cause an email and SMS alert to be sent, and tests your configuration.
- If you’re not getting an SMS notification but you are getting an email this might mean that your phone number is either missing, or has not been input correctly.
- In the main Triptease platform, select Your Profile under the Accounts section of the left-side navigation bar, and choose Notifications. This will open your notification settings, and from here you can edit Chat email and SMS notification details.
- When adding or editing your phone number, make sure to select the correct country code by selecting the globe icon in front of your number and remove all spaces between the digits. For example, if you have a US number, select United States from the dropdown menu and the '+1' country code will appear beforehand.
- Select the 'Save changes' button in the top-right of the page.
- Go back to the Agent Portal and re-open the notification settings again to check that your SMS setting is switched on, then refresh the Agent Portal and repeat step two of these instructions. You should now receive an SMS notification.
Still having problems? Get in touch via email@example.com so that our team can investigate this for you.