Auto-Agent is designed to answer simple FAQs about your hotel, so that your staff can focus on more complex tasks. There are a few things to remember when setting up Auto-Agent that will make it a much more effective tool for providing great hospitality online and driving direct bookings. Ready to get started? Here’s a quick guide to some Auto-Agent best practices.
Auto-Agent needs a voice
- When filling in answers on your FAQ form, remember that what you write will become the ‘voice’ of your chatbot. Make sure it conforms to any tone of voice or brand guidelines you have in place for your hotel, and make sure it is polite!
- On that note, it’s best to avoid one word answers, as these could make your bot sound rude. Always remember that the customer is trying to have a conversation with you - so make sure that it is a pleasant one.
- Use clear, concise sentences and include a good level of detail when it’s appropriate.
- If a question is not relevant to your hotel, just leave it blank.
Auto-Agent needs an avatar
- We strongly recommend that you do not choose an avatar that is a photo of a human, such as a member of staff. It’s best not to lead a potential guest to believe that Auto-Agent is human, because this could give them higher expectations about the kind of service they will receive. Customers are often more forgiving when they know that they are talking to a chatbot.
- So what image should you use? We’d recommend something that fits with your brand. For example:
- A robot avatar in colours that match your branding and website. Have a look on Google image search to find an image that you like.
- The logo of your hotel
- A photo of your hotel
Auto-Agent needs a name
- As with your avatar, we strongly recommend you that you also don’t use a human sounding name. It is much better to indicate to your guests that they are talking to a bot.
- We’d recommend you to use:
- The name of your hotel plus ‘Agent’ e.g. Triptease Hotel Agent
- The name of your hotel plus ‘Bot’ e.g. Triptease Hotel Bot or Triptease Bot
Once you’ve got these elements in place you’ll have a chatbot ready to work really hard for your hotel, and offer customers a quality online service instantly. And remember that your staff can jump into a conversation at any time to take over from Auto-Agent and speak to your customers directly. Let us know how you get on!