If you see a disparity in the Disparity Dungeon, but can’t replicate it by searching online, there are three quick checks that will get you up and running much faster than we can pick up the phone:
- Ask yourself this: Is the rate being compared the cheapest rate on your direct channel? If the answer is yes then skip ahead to step two. If not, it’s likely that the guest who discovered that particular disparity entered the booking engine via an ‘offer’ button or ‘packages’ route. Triptease will always compare the cheapest rate on each channel. For the direct price, we take the cheapest price on that particular page. That means it would compare the package rate (i.e. dinner and hotel room, plus a spa package) to the cheapest available rate on the OTA for that same date search. If you want to stop these kinds of disparities from appearing in the Disparity Dungeon, your booking engine should be able to configure the widget to exclude specific rates from appearing. Please email your booking engine provider copying in firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can help if needed. This is not something that can be done on the Triptease side (unless we completed the integration via Google Tag Manager for you).
- Double check each of the points below. These little errors are some of most common disparity slip-ups we know of! - Is the currency the same? - Are the dates the same?- Is the occupancy the same?- Are you checking on the same device as the one that the disparity was picked up on?
- Have a think about when you last updated rates on your direct channel. Some channel managers can take a few hours to update the rates on an OTA, so there is often a small window of time during which a guest searches for a room and there is a true disparity. Then, by the time you attempt to replicate the search, the disparity has been resolved because the rates have updated. These should be marked as Resolved automatically. If you’re looking to avoid this issue, be sure to search and replicate disparities within an hour or so of them being picked up.
If you’ve completed these three check and still can't replicate the disparity, please email email@example.com so that one of the team can assist you.
It's also really helpful if you can provide us with the following details so we can get to work immediately:
- Date search
- Number of adults / children
- Screenshot and URL of OTA
- Screenshot and URL of direct site
- Screenshot and URL of Disparity Dungeon