It only takes a few minutes to set up a Message Porter campaign (and it requires no help from your developers!) Here’s what you need to do:
- Log into the Triptease Direct Booking Platform.
- From the left-hand menu in your account dashboard, click Message Porter and then Campaigns.
- Click the Create Campaign button on the top right hand side.
- Give your campaign a title (up in the top left hand corner) that will be easily recognisable to anyone else who logs in. This name will only be used internally - your customers won’t see it.
- If you work with multiple hotels, you can select which hotel websites you'd like your campaign to appear on in the dropdown menu to the right of your campaign title.
- Now for the fun part - styling up your campaign so it looks great on your website. First, choose the colour for your campaign, either by entering a hex colour code or using the colour picker. Next, you can select an icon to represent your message. We have a range of icons to choose from, including various drinks, parking, late checkout and free gifts. Don’t want an icon to appear? Select No Icon instead.
- Now it's time to write your message. Give your message an attention-grabbing headline, but try to keep it as short as possible (mind the character limit). Remember these customers are about to leave your website so you need to move quickly to keep them there.
- Next, enter your main message. Again, short and sweet tends to be most effective.
- Add text to your button so customers know what to do next. We find ‘Book now’ is a pretty helpful call to action... You'll also need to decide whether you want your button to close the message or redirect to a page on your website.
Once your campaign is customised and looking fantastic, it’s time think about targeting. Click into the Targeting tab of the Campaign Builder and click Add a condition.
- You'll see a list of conditions that you can apply to your campaign. These include targeting visitors based on what country they're in, targeting visitors in their own language, targeting visitors based on where they are on your website and targeting visitors based on their length of stay, their check-in date or their booking date.
- You can add as many conditions as you like to a campaign by clicking on the Add a condition button underneath your previous condition.
The Campaign Builder is simple and easy to use, so it should only take a few minutes to create a campaign. Once you're happy with it, click Publish to set your campaign live on your website.