It only takes a few minutes to set up a message (and it requires no help from your developers!) Here’s what you need to do:
1. Log into the Triptease Platform.
2. From the left-hand menu in the dashboard, click Messages to open the Message Manager, and then click the Create message button in the top right hand corner of the screen.
3. You now have the choice between a Notification, a Nudge Message, an Email Capture Message or a Full Screen Message. To display Notifications, you just need to toggle them on or off - read more about them in our dedicated help page. However, Nudge Messages, Email Capture Messages and Full Screen Messages require more customisation.
4. If you chose to create a Nudge Message, you'll now have the option of choosing from a number of pre-set templates with some examples that we've found have been particularly effective at driving conversion. However, you can also start the message from scratch if you'd prefer.
5. After selecting a message type, you'll now need to set your message Behaviour. If you're creating a Nudge Message, give your message an internal name (you and your team are the only people who will see this), select the hotel(s) and website page(s) you'd like the message to appear on and then decide at what point during the visitor's journey the message should appear. You can choose from immediately or after a timed delay. For a Full Screen Message you only need to set the internal name, hotel(s) and page(s) where the message will appear - the message will be automatically triggered when the customer shows signs of leaving your website.
6. Next select the Audience you'd like to show your message to. You can choose either Smart targeting, which uses machine-learning technology to target guests across a number of factors, or Custom targeting, which allows you to define the targeting criteria. On Custom targeting, you can choose to target by check-in date, booking date, length of stay, US State, new vs returning visitor, referral website or the country the visitor is in. To find out more about how we prioritize the message that a customer will see if they fulfil more than one of your message's targeting specifications click here.
7. The next step is writing your message, which you can do by clicking into the Design section of the Message Builder. Here, you can also see helpful tips as to proven messaging best practices by selecting View content tips or View styling tips next to the respective design headers. First, you need to give your message an attention-grabbing headline (but try to keep it as short as possible - mind the character limit). Remember these customers are about to leave your website so you need to move quickly to keep them there.
8. Next, enter your main message. Again, short and sweet tends to be most effective.
9. Add text to your button so customers know what to do next. We find Book now is a pretty helpful call to action... You'll also need to decide whether you want your button to close the message or redirect to a page on your website.
10. Now for the fun part - styling up your message so it looks great on your website. You can edit your fonts, button color, button shape, background color text and icons. There are a range of icons to choose from, including various drinks, parking, late checkout and free gifts. Don’t want an icon to appear? Select None instead. Alternatively you can also choose to add an image to your message.
11. Finally, if your website is available in multiple languages, you can automatically generate translated version of the message you've just created to match the languages your website is available in. Learn more about language variants here.
12. The Message Builder is pretty simple to use so it shouldn't take more than a few minutes to create a message. Once you're happy with it, you can either Save as draft or click Publish to set your campaign live on your website.